re: Path to kmods

   Based on the history of userland, I fully expect non-dynamically-linked
   kernels to be desupported within some small number of years; people who
   agree with kre and me might want to start preparing now for the
   possibility that I'm right in that guess....

this is pure FUD.

i just last week fixed building the entire system on all our major
platforms with MKPIC=no.  the issue?  broken makefiles and setlists.

.mrg.