Re: RFC: NUMA support

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 06:09:42PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
> > FYI, at work we're working on a project which targets an architecture with
> > up to 4k CPU core, heavily NUMA (the L2 caches can't cache the whole memory
> > range). so I'm all for a good MI API on this :)
>
> The affinity information are very important on such large machines.
> The ACPI SLIT table exists on nearly no machines. I need to have a look
> at how Solaris is doing the measurement.
>
> bouyer: Is your machine a SGI machine ?

Ho no, it doesn't exists yet. It's a new CPU we're designing from scratch
(it's a academic project reseach, but a FPGA implementation of this CPU
should show up one day, so porting NetBSD to it and getting it doing something
usefull should be possible :)

> > > [...]
> > > A note, this patch breaks compiling Xen2 kernels. But since Xen2 is going
> > > to be removed in -current, I don't care.
> >
> > But it's not removed yet. it's be better to have it build for now
> > (especially as I suspect it shouldn't be hard to make it compile).
>
> Please, let's discuss this further on port-xen with the
> subject "Re: Xen2 removal: now or later".

Sure. But if the conclusion is "later" we should keep the tree in a buildable
state. and AFAIK no decision about it has been done yet.