Re: Power Management Framework architectural design

On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:
Now what you (and others) describe makes sense for obio/mainbus like "buses", but do we expect, say, a pci card to survive the pci bus bridge being powered down? For what value of "powered down"? And can we make pmf deal with this?

I have no opinion on the latter. It looks like the Libertas controller on the OLPC is connected through a "bus", as you say, not through a PCI bus, so perhaps you're right that we don't need to handle this problem for PCI.