Re: Power Management Framework architectural design

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 07:04:35AM +0000, Juha Keski-Saari wrote:
> Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:41:42 +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > The question is what is responsible for providing
> > values, e.g. whether to inherit them from the parent device (nice for
> > MD hooks).
>
> This is the question I was seeking to answer to you, configuration
> through inheritance is not globally feasible. I'm not sure what values
> you mean here, but platform specific configuration files could be used
> to implement fully descriptive device profiles

I never said configuration, just providing the registration hierachical.
mainbus or whatever it is called on $RANDOM_ARCH is already MD, so it
can just register the powerdomain or whatever it should be called hooks
with PMF and child devices will inherit that. What you are doing in the
hooks would be up to you.

Joerg