Re: domU install question

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 07:44:23PM -0400, Brent Verner wrote:
>   Some more details about my attempt... Using a 'file:' device, I
> created a single large partition on the file on dom0, verified that it
> showed up via fdisk in the domU.  After running installer, that
> partition was no longer shown by fdisk in dom0 or domU.
>
>   It seems netbsd/domU is seeing this only as a partition instead of as
> a whole drive.  If I have any more time over the weekend, I'll see if I
> can try this with a linux domU.
>
>   Any ideas?

I looked at sysinst's source: it has been changed to use only
disklabel-style partitionning on raid and xbd devices. This makes sense,
as these devices are not supposed to be read by any kind of x86-like
BIOS.
does pygrub really need a mbr-style partition ? To load a NetBSD kernel
it would need to be able to understannd disklabel-style partitionning
and ffs anyway ...