Re: domU install question

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 04:46:09PM -0400, Brent Verner wrote:
>>   Actually, I'm never asked to "use entire drive", just that "I found only
>> one disk, xbd0. Therefore I assume you want to install NetBSD on it," then
>> I'm taken into disklabel partitioning.
>>
>>   I just tried with file: and tap:aio root devices, and no fdisk-style
>> partitions appear to be created, either.
>
> Something changed in sysinst recently then. I'll have to check that.
> I think if you create a fdisk partition of type 169 before starting
> sysinst, NetBSD will install into this partition.

  Some more details about my attempt... Using a 'file:' device, I
created a single large partition on the file on dom0, verified that it
showed up via fdisk in the domU.  After running installer, that
partition was no longer shown by fdisk in dom0 or domU.

  It seems netbsd/domU is seeing this only as a partition instead of as
a whole drive.  If I have any more time over the weekend, I'll see if I
can try this with a linux domU.

  Any ideas?

cheers!