domU install question

Hi,

  I've installed netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU onto a linux dom0 (xen 3.3.0),
onto an LVM volume with the following drive configuration...

  #root = 'xbd0'
  root = 'xbd0d'
  #root = 'xbd0a'
  disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg0/xen-3-root,hda,w' ]

  Everything seems to work fine except that there are no partitions
created on the xbd0 drive within the domU, nor can I see any partitions
on the device from dom0.  Is this the normal behaviour of the installer?
Or should I expect to see partitions (using fdisk)?  I've tried creating
one large partition from dom0 prior to install, but this results in
a write error during newfs.

  Any ideas how I can have a visible partition that grub (or more
specifically pv-grub) can use to boot the domUs?

cheers!
  Brent