Re: dom0 and timed

Daniel Hagerty wrote:
 > they don't interfere with each other (timed must be started with the -F
 > hostname option so that it doesn't try to adjust the local clock).

    Eww.  Apparently if you use -F such that nothing will ever match,
you get the effect of "something else is managing the local clock".

It seems ... maybe ... to be slightly more intuitive in that it appears to recognise itself as master and therefore will not adjust the clock of the master.

I imagine this option would have been required whether setting the time via ntp, atomic clock whatever. I can't see any other valid way to define a master that doesn't peer with another.

Anyway ... now you know what I was working from, official documentation!

I'm sufficiently confused for today ;)

Thanks again for your help.