dom0 and timed

This is more or less a curiosity ...

I configured dom0 with ntpd and timed -F localhost assuming that the most accurate time keeping will be on the dom0. It seems though that dom0 cannot act as a master.

With a domu configured the same, the dom0 can act as slave with no problem.

Quickly acting on my first assumption, it appears broadcasts only function in one direction WRT dom0.

Is there a configuration option to modify this behaviour?

I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the bridge config or the config associated with the physical bridged interface but I'm unsure what ...

Sarton