Re: dom0 and timed

 > OK, I understand now ... so assuming timed is still relevant ...
 > wouldn't you need a master time source using ntpd to synchronise time
 > with and wouldn't that source require a master timed service so that
 > clients can synchronise an accurate time?

    In the days when timed was common, master clocks would be adjusted
to real world time via other methods -- dialing NIST, set by
wristwatch, what have you.  Aside from the periodic slew by an
administrator, timed owns the clock.

    AFAIK, timed does not have a mode for "something else owns the
system clock, only speak network protocol to clients".

    BTW, for the problem with interfaces, try playing with the
--updateinterval flag.