Re: Cross-building [was Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)]

On 2023-02-20 20:40, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 01:16:24PM -0500, emanuel stiebler wrote:
So, how do we get the 11 or 12 into the BETA?

No way this is going to happen for netbsd-10.

I sortof understand that, but it is sad/unfortunate. For VAX, at the moment, self hosting isn't working, and it won't be happening until we do move to a newer gcc.
Cross compilations are the only option.

In addition to gcc not being able to build itself on VAX, I sortof suspect that the same issues probably will hit when building some other stuff as well, but I didn't have the patience to try. As building tools already failed, I sortof left it there. Waiting until a newer version of gcc pops in.

  Johnny