Re: Cross-building [was Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)]

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 at 19:40, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 01:16:24PM -0500, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> > So, how do we get the 11 or 12 into the BETA?
>
> No way this is going to happen for netbsd-10.

It would have been great for NetBSD/vax to have had gcc 11 (or even
12! :) in netbsd-10, but gcc 10.4 is a substantial improvement over
the 7.5.0 in netbsd-9

Of more interest, the newer gcc versions will be going into -current
and http://nyftp.netbsd.org/ will be building daily current images for
VAX (and other ports).

Once a new enough gcc is in -current, and vax has been moved across,
anyone will (hopefully!) be able to download a self-hostable
NetBSD/vax system again, and that will be rather nice...

So, anyone interested in updating the vax X11 drivers from xorg-server
1.10 to 1.20?

In unrelated news, VAXstation 100 support looks to be arriving in
simh, and it would be interesting to see one hooked up to a virtual
NetBSD/vax :-p

David