Re: Cross-building [was Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)]

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 12:41:21AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> In addition to gcc not being able to build itself on VAX, I sortof suspect
> that the same issues probably will hit when building some other stuff as
> well, but I didn't have the patience to try. As building tools already
> failed, I sortof left it there. Waiting until a newer version of gcc pops
> in.

Yes, and even with newer gcc not everything will instantly work (neither in
base nor most pkgs from pkgsrc) untill more C++ fallout is fixed.

It is sad that several releases now have been unusable for VAX and I would
have loved to see VAX being part of the regular tested machines, but
unfortunately it all took way longer than I had hoped.

Looking forward to 11, and maybe we will see a real vax or a simh one
in the regular ATF tests by then.

Martin