Re: Cross-building [was Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)]

Hello Emanuel,

  ASB> I haven't forgotten, it just took my emulated VAX 25 hours to
     > check out the source via cvs!  Now to attempt the build...

   ES> When I did it years ago, I checked out on a fast machine, and
     > mounted src via NFS on the VAX ...

    It turns out the checkout wasn't complete after 25 hours, I had
just run out of inodes.  I checked out a fresh copy on my amd64 host
and with help from people in #netbsd on libera.chat I learned how to
use vnconfig to label, newfs and mount a new 8 GB disk image file.  I
put the source on that and then mounted it to /usr/src on the vax.

    When I checked in on it this morning it was still trying to build
a GENERIC kernel.

-Andy.