Re: Address of second TMSCP controller

On 2021-03-20 15:19, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 3/20/21 10:09 AM, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> writes:

This got to have been a couple of years ago at least... :-)

Heh, yeah - and my MUA for some reason decided to show it as unread
mail, all of a sudden.  Weird.  :)

Anyway, I agree that it's mostly not very useful to follow DEC's
convention -- except maybe when running separately booted diagnostics.
I just do it because it feels right to have my PDP-11 systems configured
according to spec, with devices in the recommended order on the bus, and
at the standard addresses.

Also, of course, it took quite a few hours of work to copy out the
device table by hand, and to test the correctness of every number
against SYSGEN, so I'm damned well going to use the resulting tool!  :)

   It's very handy; we use it at LSSM when putting together new systems.

There are plenty of implementations for getting what the addresses of things should be floating around on the net. Obviously, VMS have it in SYSGEN, RSX provides a script for it ([200,200]FLOAT.CMD). I got tih's version compiled for RSX as well (got it ported many years ago). There are probably others as well...

Yes, it's nice have this tool from time to time. And tih's version is pretty good. I can also recommend it, if others need something to help work this out.

  Johnny