Re: Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 11:24:28AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 5/28/20 11:05 AM, Alexander Schreiber wrote:
> >> Just provide an email address and a password and it will create an account. You
> >> should be able to create an account anonymously.
> >
> > "Should" is the operative term here. I've been trying and while I get to the
> > initial account creation, whenever I get to the "follow this emailed URL
> > to verify your email address" it just times out, every time.
>
> I don't understand why so many is so dismissive here. All I wanted to do is help
> you with GCC for VAX and I'm getting back a lot of criticism

That criticism was not at all directed at you, but at bountysource, which
seems to have rather irritating infrastructure issues. The fact that people
complain about bountysource tells me that those same people care for the
same goal (help GCC on VAX) and are willing to chip in ... if only they
could.

For that matter, I'll keep trying. I now got one step further: upon
email verification, the page actually starts loading and get stuck
on "Verifying..." - which is an improvement over timing out without
anything loaded.

> because of something
> that could be avoided by just using Github or Google for authentication.

Some of us are very much _not_ on board with the whole "use one set
of credentials for everything" idea and strongly prefer to keep credentials
nicely siloed.

Kind regards,
            Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison