Re: Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax

On Wed, 27 May 2020 09:09:33 -0400
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 10:02:03AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> > > Returns 500 internal server error.  I'd give money, but, seriously, WTF?
> >
> > Yes, the site is sometimes a bit slow. Just try again later and it will work.
>
> Now it "works" but won't let me participate unless I sign in with a social
> network account.  It also appears not to support anonymous donations.
>
> In sum: this "bountysource" site smells like a scam to me in about 3 different
> ways.  Bummer.  I'd like to contribute to this effort.

It broke in three different ways before I managed to sign up and add a
bounty. I imagine the site is managed by a skeleton crew to not burn
cash. The turnaround seems to be around 10k USD per month which is
by far insufficient to hire even a single full time developer in SoCal
with their 10% revenue cut.
I don't mind the breakage as long as the purpose is served. That said
I'd be wary to post a four digit bounty. If they want to take my $50
and run, then so be it.

-Tobias