Re: (native build & other issues - Was: xvfb not built on vax...)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Johnny Billquist wrote:

David Brownlee wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Andrew Sporner wrote:

Its been some time since I did a full-build (10 years actually) but on
other systems I work on I don't do complete builds each time.  IIRC
a "world build" involves doing a complete clean first.

Would there be a possibility to create an option to do an "incremental
world build" that builds only the things that have changed?

    ./build.sh -u -o -T TOOLDIR
    should do an incremental build.

You probably don't want to use "-o" indiscriminately. New stuff could appear. However, "-u" is the option you really want. "-T" might be nice, but it's only if you did the initial build on a previous version of the kernel. Otherwise it will work out fine anyway,

        If you don't set -T then build.sh will always rebuild nbmake (not
        a extremely slow process, but still worth saving the time).

        Good point on -o : I should have mentioned that. You need to
        check the output of cvs update to see if any new directories
        have appeared before using -o.