Re: vax port status

Johnny Billquist wrote:
Michael Schneider wrote:

[...]

448 MB??? What kind of hardware are we talking about here?
My 4000/90 is maxed out at 128MB, and some of the machines that support more physical memory aren't even supported by NetBSD. That's some nice machine you have...

Welll, yes, i have to admit this is really a nice beast... ;-)
It's a 4000/705A with three MS690-DA and one MS690-CA memory boards. I salvaged the memory boards from a local scrap-dump, literally. I have never expected them to work, cleaning alone was a major issue. The rest of the machine is from a local university - from the design and marketing faculty! I have no idea what they needed a VAX for.

Last summer i finally found some time to clean and restore the machine. I am right now running 5.0_BETA from around christmas, which seems stable. Have to fetch -current now and try a fresh build then.

ms

    Johnny

--
Michael Schneider                       email:   ms%vaxcluster.de@localhost
Germany                                  http://www.vaxcluster.de

       "Isn't it amazing how nasty electricity can get
         once you get it pissed off?" (Barry Watzman)