Re: NetBSD/vax kernel seems stable now

I wrote:

> Well, the 4000/500 is still cleandir'ing... :)

It was chugging along nicely, with the build proceeding in one window,
and a top(1) running in another, until just now.  I noticed that it had
allocated a few megs of swap along the way, without crashing, which is
good.  Then I typed 'q' at the top(1), but I never got the shell prompt
back.

By the time I got to the console, the system was on its way back up,
having somehow not entered DDB.  I don't know whether it actually dumped
core along the way: savecore said "/dev/ra0b: device busy" when it ran.

I notice there have been some more changes in /sys/arch/vax, so I'll be
getting those, and building another kernel, before restarting the
building of the world...

-tih
--
Self documenting code isn't. User application constraints don't. --Ed Prochak