Re: SMP bugs ( was Re: Severe deadlock issues with 5.0/MP )

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:07:48 -0500
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> It's easier to trigger with KDE, pidgin and so on running.
I did a lot of building on a Netra T1 (single US IIe 500 MHz) and I use
the same system disk in a Ultra 60 (single US II 450 MHz). I can't
remember any problems with the T1. But the U60 deadlocks sometimes when
running X. (fvwm2, firefox3, sylpheed, xpdf or evince, gvim) The
machine just freezes. Most of the time it happens when an applicatoin
wants to open a dialog box. I thought this was a Xserver related
problem. But maybe X usage just triggers a deeper problem.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen