Re: Severe deadlock issues with 5.0/MP

> [...] after a few minutes of building, all output stops. Pressing
> return a few times did scroll the console contents, but when ^C:ing
> the "tail", I only get a ^C on the console, no prompt, and beyond
> that point the box is stone dead.  Doesn't even respond to serial
> console break. Looks almost like a complete deadlock with interrupts
> blocked or something.

Well, don't lose sight of the fact that before you hit ^C it wasn't
that dead, since sshd must have been getting some user time or you
wouldn't've gotten echo.  sshd msut even have gotten some time
immediately after, too, to echo the ^C, so it took at least a little
while to lock up.

\ / Ribbon Campaign