Re: Booting 10.0 from CD on Sparc IPC fails - Data Access Exception

Hi,

Mouse wrote:
Some of the OBP settings require a reset to take effect.  I wouldn't
trust this test without doing a reset in between the setenv and the
boot attempt.

you are correct - it needs a rest/reboot... not I see

SPARCstation IPC, No keyboard.
ROM Rev. 1.7

This also means I need to use the old syntax...

ok boot sd(,,1)netbsd -s
Probing Memory Bank #: 1 2 3 4 5
Booting from: sd(0,0,1)netbsd -s
>> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.15 (Thu Mar 28 08:33:33 UTC 2024)
Booting netbsd
4890636+130636 [294080+279254]=0x55632c

and yes, I got into the installer!

I interrupted. I am unsure if it is safe to install and that once installed it will boot by keeping the old ROM?
In case, I'd go and proceed updating this old IPC to 10.0!

a switch to test newer kernels should be easy. I think it would be nice to fix and boot 2.4 ROMs, willing to test!

Riccardo

PS: also here, I am using a simple serial setup, same terminal PC used for the SS10.
Cable setup is different, since I am using:
small-DIN -> DB25 cable + gender-changer + DB25->DB9 adapter

This setup works and allows hardware flow control and minicom shows Online! This would also proof that my terminal system has a full working serial port