Re: Booting 10.0 from CD on Sparc IPC fails - Data Access Exception

> ok setenv version2? false
> version2? =           false
> ok boot disk:b netbsd -s
> Boot device: /sbus/esp@0,800000/sd@3,0:b   File and args: netbsd -s
>  >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.15 (Thu Mar 28 08:33:33 UTC
> 2024)

That looks dubious.  I don't think it prints non-break spaces.  (It is
also a bad idea to use format=flowed for things, like this, for which
precise details matter.  The line break between timezone and year is a
format=flowed reflowable line break.)

In this case, those are fairly obvious and fixing them is easy.  But
sometimes details like these actually matter; it is a good idea to make
sure you report such things precisely as they are.  (If your MUA makes
that difficult - I've seen reason to think silent conversion of a space
to a non-break space when it's followed by another space is a botch
imposed by some MUAs - you need a better MUA!  If that's difficult for
some reason, make it an attachment, or base64 it inline, or put it
somewhere for people to fetch, or some such.)

Some of the OBP settings require a reset to take effect.  I wouldn't
trust this test without doing a reset in between the setenv and the
boot attempt.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign