Re: SPARC packages availability for 9.0 and install report

Hi!

ideafix%ideafix.name@localhost wrote:
> SPARC port is actually in TIER 2,5 state. 2019Q4 packages was built partially and it was impossible to build openssl and some other important packages for 2019Q4.
>
> I have some sparc32 machines, but build 2019Q3 for netbsd8 myself in quemu. 2019Q4 have unbuildable openssl and 2020Q1 is enough fresh... I does not tried it.

further question. Since several people said "build your own", what would
you do?

- use current CVS of pkgsrc - I suppose this could cause a lot of
errors, rebuild and also difficulty sharing-
- attempt luck with a given "version", e.g. 2020Q1

The advantage of a "snapshot" is easy: it should have no strange
dependency issies, so only SPARC specific problems, I suppose. Also it
is a common ground between us and computers, we can share packages and
if you all do the same, we can speak about the same thing.

What do you do?
In the past I used CVS, but it was a mess :-P Especially with slow machines.

Riccardo

PS: I am starting with ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2020Q1/ in
the meanwhile