Re: SPARC packages availability for 9.0 and install report

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> writes:

> further question. Since several people said "build your own", what would
> you do?
>
> - use current CVS of pkgsrc - I suppose this could cause a lot of
> errors, rebuild and also difficulty sharing-
> - attempt luck with a given "version", e.g. 2020Q1
>
> The advantage of a "snapshot" is easy: it should have no strange
> dependency issies, so only SPARC specific problems, I suppose. Also it
> is a common ground between us and computers, we can share packages and
> if you all do the same, we can speak about the same thing.
>
> What do you do?
> In the past I used CVS, but it was a mess :-P Especially with slow machines.
>
> Riccardo
>
> PS: I am starting with ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/pkgsrc-2020Q1/ in
> the meanwhile

What I would do is use cvs to checkout the pkgsrc-2020Q1 branch and try
to build that.

As for openssl, on netbsd-9 I think pkgsrc should use base system
openssl.  On 8, base openssl is too old and it will make packages depend
on pkgsrc openssl.