Re: LVM

On 11/19/2011 18:58, Mouse wrote:
I set up ccd on the two disks because I happened to find that first.
Would you still suggest raidframe over ccd?  Neither of these disks
are going to be boot (I'm booting sd0 and these are sd1 and sd2).

I'm not mrg, but I have some minor experience with raidframe and ccd
and the like.

ccd versus raidframe raid0:

[snip]

Thanks for the comparison. That does help a lot. I think ccd is going to work fine. I'm fairly certain both disks are identical but I can't guarantee it. I also won't have both of the new drives running constantly (too loud at 10k RPM). I'm going to bring them online just for doing this rebuild and then I'll shut them down when I don't need the space for scratch work.