Re: LVM

On 11/19/2011 19:41, matthew green wrote:
I set up ccd on the two disks because I happened to find that first.
Would you still suggest raidframe over ccd?  Neither of these disks are
going to be boot (I'm booting sd0 and these are sd1 and sd2).

oh ccd, should work fine for your use.  raidframe is generally a saner
solution and i'd recommend switching to it eventually but there's no
real rush.  since you're not using them for redundancy, the main
benefits are lost, and ccd is a lot more light weight.

I'll leave it ccd for now then. This is just temporary until the rebuild is complete. These drives are way too loud to leave running next to my desk all the time. The other two system drives are only 5400 RPM but these are 10k.

I hope 4 GB is going to be enough to hold the sources. I'm still slogging through the documentation on how to build an update from the CVS sources. Lots of work.