Re: LVM

> I set up ccd on the two disks because I happened to find that first.
> Would you still suggest raidframe over ccd?  Neither of these disks
> are going to be boot (I'm booting sd0 and these are sd1 and sd2).

I'm not mrg, but I have some minor experience with raidframe and ccd
and the like.

ccd versus raidframe raid0:

ccd can concatenate different-sized drives (or partitions - for
simplicity of language, I'm writing "drives" but really mean "drives or
partitions") as well as striping equal-sized drives.  raid0 can't.

raidframe puts overhead `labels' on the component partitions.  ccd
doesn't.  This doesn't matter unless you either need every last sector
possible or you want to access the drives in some way that doesn't
involve the raidframe or ccd code.

raidframe can autoconfigure at boot time; ccd can't.  This doesn't
really matter unless you want to put root on the resulting pseudo-disk,
which I gather you don't.

ccd is substantially simpler (in code and configuration both) if what
you want to do is something that either can do.  If you're not using
raidframe for anything else and you care about kernel size enough that
the difference is size matters, then you may want to go with ccd on
code-size grounds.  (No, I don't know what the difference in size is.
It might be too small for you to care about - if you care that much I
figure you won't mind building two test kernels to find out.)

ccd is compatible with older NetBSD substantially farther back than
raidframe is.  Doesn't matter unless reading the drives on an old
system matters to you.

raidframe (because of the per-component labels mentioned above) is
capable of catching accidental configuration changes, or drive
shuffling (eg, what used to be wd0 is now wd2) and refusing to
misconfigure itself - or, if set up properly, auto-adjusting its
configuration to match.

Those are all the differences I can think of offhand.  Only you can
decide which ones are important enough to care about for your use case,
of course.

\ / Ribbon Campaign