SS20 cg14 help

Hi,

Just did an install of 4.0.1 on my SS20.  Trying to get the CG14 (8mb
VSIMM) working with X.

When I execute startx, the screen flashes a couple of times and comes back with:

"X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)"

I put a CG6 card in and it started X with no isses which is kinda
weird because I had the console set to use the cg14 so i was kinda
expecting to have to tell it to use the CG6 somehow.  So I took the
CG6 out again and just used the CG14 and get the above error.

Any pointers welcome.

Thanks,
Bart