re: Fwd: SS20 Experiances?

   > I also see the SMP is available now on the SS20.  Is that hard to get
   > working and does it perform well?  Can it be used with the 4.x release
   > or is it a 5.0 only feature?

   Actually, at the moment it is a 4.x only feature.  Some of the SMP
   internals were reworked for 5.0 and the sparc port has had some issues
   with it.  I've seen some progress reported, but it's still not back to
   the way it was.  Last I heard it crashes going up to multi-user instead
   of when probing the CPUs, but I'm not really "in the loop" on that.

this is still the case for -current and netbsd-5 branch.  the
known problems have been solved, and now the current crash is
the result of an unknown problem.  we'd love help trying to
track this down....

now you're in the loop :-)

   So, if you really need both processors, go with a 4.x system for now,
   otherwise, you can run either 4.x or -current.

what he said.

.mrg.