Port-prep archive

Re: PCI expansion card working?

On 21-Jan-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> And, it starts booting in two cards of different fwohci(4) and ehci(4).
> However, the panic was done in this case because of a different error.

Just ot be sure I understand you correctly, you mean that you have a few
different fwohci and ehci cards, and only some of them work, while others do
not?

Yeah.. I think that panic in pcn was fixed in -current.

As for the card that caused the wierd hang after the cpu probe, can you boot
that card with RESIDUAL_DATA_DUMP and see if it says anything interesting?
(I'm not sure, that might happen too late to capture it)

BTW- Sorry to make you boot so many debug kernels, but basically my debugging
methodology is to dump enough data from the various devices until I see
something that points to something.  I wish I had something that could trigger
this.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/