Port-prep archive

Re: PCI expansion card working?

Hi! Tim,

From: Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:20:55 -0700 (MST)

> > I look not generate interrupt, after asking to boot device.  Do you know
> > this reason?
>
> One thing worries me, and that is:
> ehci0 at pci1 dev 14 function 2: VIA Technologies VT8237 EHCI USB Controller
> (re
> v. 0x63)
> ehci0: interrupting at irq 11

Oops.  This irq number is my mistake copy.  I inserting the same card as
this on i386.  I look and copied prep and i386...

> It does seem to not be generating any interrupts at all.  You can confirm this
> by throwing a printf("DING %d\n", realirq); right at the top of
> pic_handle_intr().

OK.  Please wait.

> Have you tried pulling the cards out one at a time to see if any particular
> one
> causes the problem, or do they all cause it individually?

It is only fwohci+ehci card that doesn't work with the card that I have.
Because bktr(4) doesn't interrupt when starting, and not have X, it
doesn't confirm it.

I exchange the card of this prep for the card to other machines.(i386,
macppc, cobalt, alpha, bebox ;-)

Thanks,
--
kiyohara