Re: Bad powerpc code with GCC 4.5.3?

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:06:52 +0200
Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

> I'm currently updating my local sources. Maybe I find the time to look
> for the exact crash reason over the next days.

I've looked at this too. It is easy to observe the problem by compiling the
ofwboot with GCC 4.1, and then recompiling net.c with GCC 4.5. ofwboot dies as
soon as net_open() is used. net.c is one of the shorter files in ofwboot, so it
might be easier to analyze it.

Machine code generated by 4.5 is sometimes very different from 4.1... I'm not
fluent enough in PPC asm to quicky spot the problem here. The answer might lie
somewhere in the attached dumps ;).

Going off to sleep.

--
Best regards,