Re: Bad powerpc code with GCC 4.5.3?

Rados?aw Kujawa wrote:

> Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:
>> How fast do they die?
>
> [...]
> Auto-boot in 0 seconds - press ESC to abort, ENTER to boot:
> (nothing happens, no errors)
>
> I realize this is not very helpful, but it looks like it dies very
> early. Even before ofwboot is started? During loading?

I doubt that it happens during loading, but it must be very early.

With macppc (PowerBook3,1) OFW immediately prints:

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=300 at    %SRR0: ff83c6c8   %SRR1: 00003030

Also with a Sandpoint NAS the machine freezes immediately after I started
the boot loader with "go 1000000". Not even the banner appears. What
happens before is just some minimal board setup (PCI and serial port
initialization).

And in difference to ofwboot I am loading a raw binary into memory here. So
it can't be a problem with the ELF structure, which the firmware doesn't
like.

--
Frank Wille