Re: Where arch/bebox/pci/pfb.c?

Hi! Tim, Michael,

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara%kk.iij4u.or.jp@localhost>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:54:15 +0900 (JST)

> > I think what the correct thing to do in your case, would be to start with
> > genfb, and get that working.  In theory, it should work with any card, as
> > long
> > as you know the current display mode of the card.  Once you have a working
> > console with genfb, then maybe look into writing a proper matroxfb or
> > s3virgefb.
>
> hmm... I can't understand. X-<
> Should I attach genfb?  In that case, how should be done the console?  Do
> not we have a console until genfb is attached?
>
> Shall I define?
>
>   # generic PCI framebuffers
>   genfb*          at pci?
>
>   # make sure the console display is always wsdisplay0
>   wsdisplay0      at wsemuldisplaydev? console 1
>   wsdisplay*      at wsemuldisplaydev?

I succeed to support genfb(4).  ;-)

However, I saw the color of the character and the cursor strange.  For
instance, the cursor was a pink color, font was a gray.  I was able to
change the color to white by defining WS_DEFAULT_FG.

    options WS_DEFAULT_FG=WSCOL_LIGHT_WHITE

Moreover, I was able to obtain following information.

    0x00 - 0x1f : black - white
    0x20 - 0x3f :       - blue
    0x40 - 0x5f :       - red

And I have a new problem.  Both of the match() of vga and genfb returns 1.
Therefore, which attaching is tried cannot be specified.  Isn't it return
value revokable dynamic in some methods we?

Or, are there any ideas?

> > powerpc/stand/mkbootimage?  I'd like to see bebox use that before 5.0 ships.
>
> I will try to use powerpc/stand/mkbootimage after a few days.

hmm...
I tried that.  However powerpc/stand/mkbootimage can't boot for bebox... X-<
I will debug new mkbootimage.  ;-)

Thanks,
--
kiyohara