Re: Where arch/bebox/pci/pfb.c?

Hi! all,

From: Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 00:05:40 -0700 (MST)

> On 14-May-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:

> > However, I learnt pfb (PCI Frame buffer) had disappeared.  Did you
> > delete arch/bebox/pc/pfb.c and arch/bebox/pci/pfbvar.h at the time of
> > merging ppc-oearenovation?  Or, did you move?
>
> I deleted it.  Mostly because it was a really old style framebuffer, and it
> just didn't look right to me at all.  It should still be in the attic,
> however,
> I think the primary reason I got rid of it was that it was a pcvt console, and
> not a wscons console.  I think most of the pcvt stuff is gone, and it just
> didn't make sense to keep around.
>
> I think what the correct thing to do in your case, would be to start with
> genfb, and get that working.  In theory, it should work with any card, as long
> as you know the current display mode of the card.  Once you have a working
> console with genfb, then maybe look into writing a proper matroxfb or
> s3virgefb.

hmm... I can't understand. X-<
Should I attach genfb?  In that case, how should be done the console?  Do
not we have a console until genfb is attached?

Shall I define?

  # generic PCI framebuffers
  genfb*          at pci?

  # make sure the console display is always wsdisplay0
  wsdisplay0      at wsemuldisplaydev? console 1
  wsdisplay*      at wsemuldisplaydev?

> BTW- Did you ever get a chance to test the unified mkbootimage in
> powerpc/stand/mkbootimage?  I'd like to see bebox use that before 5.0 ships.

I will try to use powerpc/stand/mkbootimage after a few days.

Thanks,
--
kiyohara