Re: NetBSD/hpcmips userland crashes (Re: IBM Workpad z50 dmesg collection)

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 at 12:56, Alexander Bochmann <ab%lists.gxis.de@localhost> wrote:

> ...on 2023-03-23 20:57:36, David Brownlee wrote:
>
>  > My money would be on the last one being the cause, with the common
>  > pmap code maybe not handling some edge-case in the VR4121.
>  > But... progress! Sounds like I need to fire up my compiler to build
>  > another couple of test kernels to narrow it down (watch this space :)
>
> Cool!
>
> Maybe we can get some of the NEC MobilePro people onboard for testing
> (mentioned in a more recent thread) - it has the same CPU. I'll try
> sending them a mail later today.
>
> I'm constantly worrying there's some dumb mistake in my setup or
> something like that.

I've hit an unexpected delay - my main system has been updated from
netbsd-9 to -10 since we started testing, and the gcc-10 in netbsd-10
will not directly compile the older NetBSD release. I'm just building
gcc-7 on my box to see if I can use that to bootstrap the cross
compiler instead, otherwise I'll have to setup a netbsd-9 VM to build.
Nothing critical - just means it will take a little longer to get
setup to crank through building some more test kernels

David