Re: Troubleshooting netboot on a PowerMac G4 Cube

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
> "Too big" for our bootloader, not physical ram. But load-base
> is a good thing to try and could help here.

I'm a bit nervous about messing with that blind, seeing that the
INSTALL document says you could permanently damage Open Firmware
that way.  Could you enlarge a bit on your previous recommendation?
I think what you implied is to set up the system as if I intended
to run fully diskless (with filesystem on NFS) and then use pdisk
and sysinst to install onto the local drive.  Is that accurate?
Is there any documentation about performing an install manually
like that?  I've only ever used sysinst in the context of an
MD-variant installer.

			regards, tom lane