Re: Recent instabilities?

Hi,

This problem is probably due to PR port-powerpc/56818.

Please try "cvs update" for powerpc/oea/pmap.c to rev. 1.114 (or later).

Thanks,
rin

On 2022/04/05 7:22, Valery Ushakov wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 00:06:03 +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:

Please do.  I tried Control-Option-ESC on my Apple keyboard model
A1048 and it does exactly nothing.

I have just successfully used C-A-Esc to drop into dbb on my mini g4
with a Sun Type 6 keyboard (that's what I have on the table, I will
have to bring the Apple keyboard from another room to specifically
test that).  I did that on a hung currentish (9.99.94) mini nad I
could do ps in ddb to see a bunch of tstiled threads.

As macallan said, it doesn't return back from the polled mode properly
(on a rebooted, unstuck system), but re/plugging it made it work
again.

OK.  I'm guessing that if 'reboot' works, that's the next command
after gathering status, so I can live with that.

No, the system was wedged in tstile.  issuing reboot at the ddb prompt
results in the kernel being stuck in "syncing disks".

"Option" because it also has "Alt" printed on it in smaller
letters.  Not sure that's correct...  How do I find out?
"wsconsctl map" gives (among others)

keycode 226 = Cmd2 Alt_L
keycode 227 = Cmd Meta_L
[...]
and "wsconsctl map" shows (among others)

keycode 41 = Cmd_Debugger Escape

However, there's no telling which modifiers one needs to use to
trigger "Cmd_Debugger", and it certainly doesn't follow the
pattern of the others, e.g.:

keycode 4 = a A

etc.  The ESC key certainly doesn't do "Cmd_Debugger" when
pressed un-shifted(!).  So I have problems translating the code
and admin command output into practice.  "Help!"

No Cmd1?

Well, yes:

malus# wsconsctl map | grep Cmd
keycode 41 = Cmd_Debugger Escape
[...]
keycode 224 = Cmd1 Control_L
keycode 226 = Cmd2 Alt_L
keycode 227 = Cmd Meta_L
malus#

If you look a bit earlier in wskbd.c you can see that to activate
Cmd_Foo mapping the driver checks that either Cmd is pressed or Cmd1
and Cmd2 are pressed.  So I guess Command-Esc (i.e. Cmd +
Cmd_Debugger) should do the trick for you.

So ... that would be Meta_L + ESC?  But which key is Meta_L? The
"Apple / clover" key?

Yes.  I brought over the period-appropriate apple keyboard and tried
it and both Ctrl-Option-Esc and Command-Esc (i.e. Clover-Esc) work.
And the keyboard then works fine after continue too.

-uwe