Re: Recent instabilities?

>> > Please do.  I tried Control-Option-ESC on my Apple keyboard model
>> > A1048 and it does exactly nothing.
>
> I have just successfully used C-A-Esc to drop into dbb on my mini g4
> with a Sun Type 6 keyboard (that's what I have on the table, I will
> have to bring the Apple keyboard from another room to specifically
> test that).  I did that on a hung currentish (9.99.94) mini nad I
> could do ps in ddb to see a bunch of tstiled threads.
>
> As macallan said, it doesn't return back from the polled mode properly
> (on a rebooted, unstuck system), but re/plugging it made it work
> again.

OK.  I'm guessing that if 'reboot' works, that's the next command
after gathering status, so I can live with that.

>> "Option" because it also has "Alt" printed on it in smaller
>> letters.  Not sure that's correct...  How do I find out?
>> "wsconsctl map" gives (among others)
>>
>> keycode 226 = Cmd2 Alt_L
>> keycode 227 = Cmd Meta_L
> [...]
>> and "wsconsctl map" shows (among others)
>>
>> keycode 41 = Cmd_Debugger Escape
>>
>> However, there's no telling which modifiers one needs to use to
>> trigger "Cmd_Debugger", and it certainly doesn't follow the
>> pattern of the others, e.g.:
>>
>> keycode 4 = a A
>>
>> etc.  The ESC key certainly doesn't do "Cmd_Debugger" when
>> pressed un-shifted(!).  So I have problems translating the code
>> and admin command output into practice.  "Help!"
>
> No Cmd1?

Well, yes:

malus# wsconsctl map | grep Cmd
keycode 41 = Cmd_Debugger Escape
keycode 58 = Cmd_Screen0 f1 F1
keycode 59 = Cmd_Screen1 f2 F2
keycode 60 = Cmd_Screen2 f3 F3
keycode 61 = Cmd_Screen3 f4 F4
keycode 62 = Cmd_Screen4 f5 F5
keycode 63 = Cmd_Screen5 f6 F6
keycode 64 = Cmd_Screen6 f7 F7
keycode 65 = Cmd_Screen7 f8 F8
keycode 66 = Cmd_Screen8 f9 F9
keycode 67 = Cmd_Screen9 f10 F10
keycode 75 = Cmd_ScrollFastUp Prior
keycode 78 = Cmd_ScrollFastDown Next
keycode 91 = Cmd_ScrollFastDown KP_Next KP_3
keycode 97 = Cmd_ScrollFastUp KP_Prior KP_9
keycode 224 = Cmd1 Control_L
keycode 226 = Cmd2 Alt_L
keycode 227 = Cmd Meta_L
malus#

> If you look a bit earlier in wskbd.c you can see that to activate
> Cmd_Foo mapping the driver checks that either Cmd is pressed or Cmd1
> and Cmd2 are pressed.  So I guess Command-Esc (i.e. Cmd +
> Cmd_Debugger) should do the trick for you.

So ... that would be Meta_L + ESC?  But which key is Meta_L? The
"Apple / clover" key?

Will test.

- Håvard