Re: Recent instabilities?

>>> As I tried explaining, "not easily".  This is a Mac Mini G4, with
>>> a USB keyboard attached.  ddb(4) says
>>>
>>>            macppc    Some modes: <Command>-<Option>-<Power>
>>
>> Hmm, the docs need to be updated then, this isn't arch specific but
>> depends on the keyboard driver - with USB keyboards you can use
>> ctrl-alt-esc, and I *think* I added that to the adbkbd driver as well.
>> I'll check.
>
> Please do.  I tried Control-Option-ESC on my Apple keyboard model
> A1048 and it does exactly nothing.

"Option" because it also has "Alt" printed on it in smaller
letters.  Not sure that's correct...  How do I find out?
"wsconsctl map" gives (among others)

keycode 226 = Cmd2 Alt_L
keycode 227 = Cmd Meta_L
keycode 230 = Alt_R Multi_key
keycode 231 = Meta_R

I see wscons/wskbd.c hs this snippet:

#if defined(DDB) || defined(KGDB)
        if (ksym == KS_Cmd_Debugger) {
                if (sc->sc_isconsole) {
#ifdef DDB
                        console_debugger();
#endif

and "wsconsctl map" shows (among others)

keycode 41 = Cmd_Debugger Escape

However, there's no telling which modifiers one needs to use to
trigger "Cmd_Debugger", and it certainly doesn't follow the
pattern of the others, e.g.:

keycode 4 = a A

etc.  The ESC key certainly doesn't do "Cmd_Debugger" when
pressed un-shifted(!).  So I have problems translating the code
and admin command output into practice.  "Help!"

Regards,

- Håvard