Re: install files on mac UFS partition (mac mini G4)

> The problem I have, if I see it correctly, is the apple openfirmware 3
> needs a HFS partition and -for some reason- the netbsd installer does
> not seems to create that.

If you boot the installer and escape to the shell, you can use

pdisk /dev/rwd0c

and edit the Apple partition table and create a HFS partition for
boot purposes.

> So what would be the best way to correct this,
> I was hoping that booting into the shell with the netbsd install ISO
> CD would allow me to do that, but I do not find the tools to access
> the HFS partition. (hformat, hcopy, ...)

One needs the HFS utilities to do that, yes.

What I do after installing NetBSD to an Apple_UNIX_SVR2 root
partition, is to

# chroot /targetroot

  set up PKG_PATH to a suitable place,
  configure network if that's not already done

# pkg_add hfsutils

and use the HFS utils to format the volume and copy
/usr/mdec/ofwboot.xcf there, and possibly also a copy of /netbsd.

Not exactly automated as part of sysinst -- I know...

There may be other ways to do this, I have found that this one
works, at least.

Regards,

- Håvard