Re: Help with build.sh error - killed

> On Dec 17, 2020, at 5:31 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Other people who are actually running macppc* may comment, but this
> strikes me as not really enough RAM to run builds these days reasonably.

Not directly applicable, but my Cobalt Qube2 with 64MB of RAM can, with a sh*t-ton of swap configured, run GCC well enough to build plenty of things pkgsrc.  I don't know if it would be able to build the whole system (GCC compiling GCC will be ... fun).  Yes, the problem really is how piggy the compiler has become.

I have some additional memory (an additional 64MB SIMM, plus 2 128MB SIMMs) incoming for my Qube2, so I might do the experiment of "can it self-host the system?"

-- thorpej