Re: devel/libffi build fails on macppc-current

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020, Rin Okuyama wrote:

> On 2020/10/18 13:43, John D. Baker wrote:
> > Now running a non-update build of 9.99.74, building "devel/libffi" fails
> > the same way as before.  This is on a clean system using pkgsrc-2020Q3.
> >
> > Additionally, some packages that built previously are now failing to
> > build.  They mostly complain about conflicting types for some identifier
> > or that some expected macro is undefined.
> >
> > Notable failures so far are "readline", "cdrtools", and "hexedit".
> >

> I was using pkgsrc-current, but devel/libffi builds for me with
> pkgsrc-2020Q3.
>
> Puzzling...
>
> Do you set some environmental variables, or do you have something
> shadowing standard tools in your PATH, e.g., /usr/local/bin? What

Nothing unusual.  I recently built everything on amd64-current and
my setup is the same on all platforms (modulo MD stuff).

> happens when you make after ``su -'' to wipe out envs? Or can you
> ``./configure && gmake'' for libffi manually without pkgsrc?

Haven't tried that yet.

> That's all I can come up at the moment... Probably worth asking
> pkgsrc gurus in tech-pkg@.

Since this is a diskless system, I'm suspecting the NFS file corruption
problems recently discussed (and fixed by reverting a change to uvm_bio.c).
I'm building that now and will try again when the system is updated.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD