Re: devel/libffi build fails on macppc-current

On 2020/10/18 13:43, John D. Baker wrote:
On Sat, 17 Oct 2020, Rin Okuyama wrote:

On 2020/10/16 18:08, John D. Baker wrote:

However, the kernel/userland I've been running was an update build so
parts were built with GCC8 and parts with GCC9.  My next system update
will be from a non-update (w/o "-u") build.

Ah, I bet this is the cause. It should build next time :).

Now running a non-update build of 9.99.74, building "devel/libffi" fails
the same way as before.  This is on a clean system using pkgsrc-2020Q3.

Additionally, some packages that built previously are now failing to
build.  They mostly complain about conflicting types for some identifier
or that some expected macro is undefined.

Notable failures so far are "readline", "cdrtools", and "hexedit".

I was using pkgsrc-current, but devel/libffi builds for me with
pkgsrc-2020Q3.

Puzzling...

Do you set some environmental variables, or do you have something
shadowing standard tools in your PATH, e.g., /usr/local/bin? What
happens when you make after ``su -'' to wipe out envs? Or can you
``./configure && gmake'' for libffi manually without pkgsrc?

That's all I can come up at the moment... Probably worth asking
pkgsrc gurus in tech-pkg@.

Thanks,
rin