X11 macppc

As a follow up,  I've looked at the instructions here:
http://www.netbsd.org/ports/macppc/x11.html

In my 8.1 full install, I only have 4 servers listed:  Xorg, Xnest, Xvfb, Xmark.
Xorg is the default, which I hoped would be able to give a better
display than 1024.  Says in the X11 ppc faq you may need to recompile
the kernel with options INSECURE, yes.  Which seems to be the default
if I examine the conf file.
I've built the kernel and booted it, but X -configure still seems to
get jammed at a "PCI" message right at the start.
Could this be because I've been forced to use the older, .elf ofwboot?

I kind of need the display to be better, because that was the point in
me installing NetBSD on this old computer, just to use as an Xserver
plus a few other bits because my desktop pc has gone kaput.