Port-i386 archive

Display goes offline at install boot

Hello.
I'm trying to install NetBSD on a 32-bit Intel based Mac Mini.  It
starts booting into the OS and right after it outputs "kern info:
[drm] applying backlight present quirk", the monitor looses connection
to the computer.  The OS clearly continues booting as I can hear the
CD drive working.  Once the screen is off, I can't get it to come back
up.

At the boot prompt, I've selected option 3 and tried all of the
following without success.
boot> userconf disable i915drmkms*
boot> boot
-and-
boot> userconf disable radeon
boot> boot
-and-
boot> userconf disable igmafb
boot> boot

It was all just a shot in the dark, but didn't effect anything.  Any ideas?
According to the internet, specs of the system are 1.5Ghz Core Solo
(T1200), graphics = Intel GMA 950 DVI output.

Thanks,
Bradley Pearce