Port-i386 archive

Re: bootxx needs to fit within 0th track of MBR partition?

Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 17:43:16 +0900
> Rin Okuyama <rokuyama.rk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> If not, I will bump BOOTXX_SECTORS for amd64 in few days.
>
> Would it be on the table to only bump it for HAVE_LLVM to
> keep the status quo for official builds?

I suppose we could, but either there is a reason to keep the size
limited, or there is not.  It is really seeming like there is not a
reason to keep it where it is, and that 14 sectors (to fit old UFS1)
should be fine.

> Side note I think there are other issues with boot code built with
> clang. For example I've encountered that bootx64.efi hangs for
> me when built with clang.

Probably the code is buggy then...