Port-i386 archive

Re: 9.0 Installing issues

> First of all, "boot -1" did the trick.  Now of course I am wondering
> how to get my 2nd CPU back, as even after install, I do have to
> disable the second CPU.

This I do not know enough about to speak to.

> The next item after fd0 is the USB hub by the way, see dmesg below.

The next _found_ item.  It could be breaking when probing for something
else, something that's not found and thus not mentioned in the
successful boot dmesg.

> As for the other machine:

> I do not have any amd64 USB images, just rechecked, so we can rule
> out that.

Good.  One worry down, N-1 to go. :-/

> Good news, I do have a serial port, in fact real physical two of
> them,

That's encouraging, but...

> but so far I have not been able to get anything displayed on either.

..."consdev com0" doesn't work?  Then it may be that your serial ports
are hidden behind USB attachment or some such horror; USB is so
incredibly over-baroque for the task that trying to talk to a USB
serial port from something as low-level as the booter borders on
impossible.  (They also may be something simpler, like a PCI serial
port attachment, what in my experience NetBSD calls `puc', but still
not something the booter understands enough to use.)

Anyway, I am getting out of my depth here; even this email is mostly
various forms of "I don't know".  I'll have to leave the rest of this
thread to others who know this stuff better than I do.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign